Friday, March 21, 2014

Departure from London



I was interested in doing this trip last year but there weren’t enough students that signed up. However, London was well worth the wait to go a year later. Of course, I didn’t get to see everything I wanted to, but I did get a good majority of it.

Sunday was a short tour of some sites of London that Dave and Jessica brought us to. We got to see the London and Millennium Bridges, and the outside of St. Paul’s Cathedral. Monday, we got to go to Warwick Castle, the birthplace of Shakespeare, and see a little bit of Oxford. Tuesday, I went to the Harry Potter walking tour with Jordan and Bri. The whole group also went to the Lion King production. I was really impressed. Wednesday I spent by myself and traveled around South Kensington to the main museums that were all commissioned to build by Queen Victoria. I also went to see the Sherlock Holmes Museum off of Baker Street. Finally, on Thursday I went to the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey. Both places have so much history and are so beautiful that it overwhelms a person.

The only time I have been out of the country was to Canada before passports were required. I was more out in the country and not in the city where I got to see historical places. London was by far the best trip I have ever gone on and well worth the wait. I didn’t want to leave. I just wanted to spend more time and travel through the city more.  In the future, when I have the money and more time, I will be going back for longer than 5-6 days and travel so much more. 

I have always wanted to travel, but never really getting the chance. This was the first time that I have even been on a plane. After going to London, I want to travel to other places and just explore. I am going to miss London, and I hope someday I can get back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment